Election Information


Free ID & Identification Card Petition Process (IDPP)


Wisconsin Now Requires a Photo Id to Vote

For detailed information about the Voter Photo ID law, visit bringit.wi.gov
For other information on the Wisconsin Election Commission visit elections.wi.gov

Where do I vote?

Elections are held for all Wards (1, 2, 3) in the City of Osseo at the following polling place:

13712 8th Street
Osseo, WI  54758

Polling places are open statewide from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm and are accessible to elderly and disabled voters.  If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (715)  597-2207, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Click here for the Ward Map

Frequently Asked Questions

Are you qualified to vote?

You must be a U.S. citizen, a Wisconsin resident, be at least 18 years old and lived at your residence for 28 consecutive days before Election Day with no present intent to move.

How do I register to vote?

If you have a current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s license or Wisconsin DOT issued identification card, this license or identification number must be provided on the Voter Registration application.  If you do not have a current Wisconsin Drivers License or Wisconsin DOT issued identification card you may use the last four digits of your social security number.  You may register in three different ways:

1.    In Person: You may register at Osseo City Hall during regular business hours; however, on the day before the election you may register up until 5:00 pm.

2.    At the Polling Place: You may register on Election Day at the polling place, while polls are open. You must bring proof of residency that you have lived at your present address for 28 days preceding the election.

3.    By Mail: Print the Voter Registration and Voter Registration Instructions using the link below. Complete the application and mail to City of Osseo, PO Box 308, Osseo, WI 54758. (Please note that the application must be received at City Hall by the 20th day before the election and that any person registering to vote for the first time and submitting the registration application by mail must provide a copy of acceptable identification). If your address is not current on your identification, you must provide proof of residence.  Please see list below.

Acceptable Forms of Identification/Proof of Residence Include:

  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license
  • A current and valid identification card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
  • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal course of business, but not including a business card
  • A cable television, gas, electric, telephone or other utility service statement for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
  • A bank statement
  • A paycheck
  • A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day
  • A university, college or technical institute fee card
  • A university, college or technical institute identification card

Proof of Residence Does Not Include a Piece of Mail Addressed to the Voter

*Voting and Election Information*

To look up your voter record, check your voting status, check the status of your absentee ballot, or check your voter history –

State of Wisconsin Election Commission

The Wisconsin Election Commission has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.

EL-121 Absentee Ballot Request

  • English Absentee Ballot Request: EL-121
  • Spanish Absentee Ballot Request: EL-121s
  • Hmong Absentee Ballot Request: EL-121h

EL-131 Voter Registration Application

  • English Voter Registration Form: EL-131
  • Spanish Voter Registration Form:EL-131s
  • Hmong Voter Registration Form: EL-131h

Voting Guide for Young Voters