Brush Disposal & Yard Waste Program
The brush disposal and yard waste site located at the southeast corner of 16th Street an West Street operates from the first week of April through the second week of November. Brush and yard waste will be accepted from residential and commercial properties within the Osseo city limits only. A permit is required and can be obtained at the City Clerk's office at no charge.
The days and hours of operation are as follows:
Tuesdays: 2:30 P. M. to 6:30 P. M. Thursdays: 2:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
Saturdays: 9:00 P. M. to 8:00 P. M.
- Arrangements may be made for any person needing to dispose of a large volume of brush during normal street department work hours.
- One permit will be issued for each residence, and commercial or industrial site in the City. An entrant to the site will be required to have their permit when entering to drop off brush or yard waste. The holder of the permit will need to be able to proivde documentation, such as a driver's license, to prove they are the legal holder of the permit. A copy of the Brush Disposal and Yard Waste Program rules will be provided at the time of the permit issuance.
- The attendant will closely inspect and re-inspect loads delivered to the site. Anyone failing to remove from the site unacceptable materials found in their load will be subject to fines.
- Large logs will be separated and put off to the side at a designated location. Citizens can cut and remove these logs at their own risk.
- The City's burning privilege is dependent upon you and your burning privilege is dependent on everyone. Don't let the actions of a few ruin it for everyone!
Accepted Wood Materials
- Clean, unpainted, untreated wood or brush without nails
- Trunks, limbs, branches
- Twigs from trees or shrubs
Accepted Yard Waste
- Grass Clippings
- Corn stalks or flower stems
- Untreated wood sawdust (industrial & commercial saw dust not accepted)
- Stumps or roots
- Green or brown treated wood or any other treated woods
- Stained, painted, varnished, vinyl clad wood
- Particle board, medium density fiber board, plywood
- Wood with nails
- Paper, tar paper, cardboard, plastic, plastic bags, styrofoam or oil based products
- Glass, tires, cans, aerosols, household garbage
- All metal, iron concrete, bricks, asphalt, soil
- Brush mixed with grass clippings and leaves
- Volumes of wood generated by industrial or commercial operations that threaten the capability of the site to reasonably handle it
- Materials generated from a land or site clearing operation
- Any materials not listed below as accepted
- No animal waste
HAULER MUST SEE ATTENDANT BEFORE UNLOADING
ATTENDANT WILL INSPECT ALL LOADS BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO EMPTY LOAD
HAULER WILL REMOVE ANY MATERIALS OTHER THAN ACCEPTED MATERIALS LISTED ABOVE, AND STACK THESE MATERIALS OUTSIDE THE GATE
HAULER WILL THEN BE ALLOWED TO ENTER SITE AND UNLOAD MATERIALS AT THE PROPER PILE. ALL LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS WILL BE EMPTIED FROM BAGS & CONTAINERS, AND BAGS & CONTAINERS REMOVED FROM SITE.
UNLOADED MATERIALS WILL THEN BE INSPECTED AND HAULER REQUIRED TO REMOVE ANY UNSUITABLE MATERIALS DISCOVERED.
HAULER WILL REMOVE ANY UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS LEFT OUTSIDE THE GATE. IF UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS ARE NOT REMOVED BY HAULER, HE OR SHE WILL BE TURNED OVER TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
Only materials from sites within the city limits will be accepted